Written by Super User
Mozilla has now officially introduced the Firefox 7.0 browser for desktops (Windows, Mac OS, Linux) and mobiles (Android). The desktop release comes with improved memory handling which enables lower memory usage, while the mobile build offers enhanced functionality.
Firefox 7 for Windows, Mac and Linux also includes the following:
- Added a new rendering backend to speed up Canvas operations on Windows systems
- Bookmark and password changes now sync almost instantly when using Firefox Sync
- The 'http://' URL prefix is now hidden by default
- Added support for text-overflow: ellipsis
- Added support for the Web Timing specification
- Enhanced support for MathML
- The WebSocket protocol has been updated from version 7 to version 8
- Added an opt-in system for users to send performance data back to Mozilla to improve future versions of Firefox
Fixed several stability and security issues
... while the full Firefox for Mobile changelog looks like this:
- Copy & Paste - Text selection in web content: Long tap in a web page and start selecting text using the familiar Android-style drag handles.
- Added a ‘Quit’ action to the Android menu: exit the browser with one tap. When you restart Firefox, you can quickly continue where you left off by restoring all or individual tabs from your previous session.
- Use Firefox in your language: When Firefox starts for the first time, it detects the language setting of your Android device and automatically switches to that language, if Firefox supports it. You can switch Firefox to a different language with a single tap
- Improved image rendering on Tegra-based tablets and phones
- The WebSocket API is now available in Firefox for Android
IT Magazine is a fast growing tech web site which covers high quality information technology news, reviews and tips since 2006.
The main categories covered on our website include general technology, social media, tech gadgets, smartphones, tablets, google, microsoft and the like.
The web site has highly targeted and engaging audience who are interested in the above mentioned categories. Allthough our office is based in Bosnia the majority of our audience comes according to google analytics from U.S.A and UK.